Samsung Pay requires an active internet connection only when adding or removing a payment card and to download transaction history. When you are using Samsung Pay/ Google Pay/ Apple Pay to make a purchase, no internet connection is needed. However, some networks will limit you to 10 transactions during a period without internet access, after which Samsung Pay will require an active internet connection.
Articles in this section
- How do I add my Itaú Global Wallet card to my Samsung Pay/ Google Pay / Apple Pay?
- How does Samsung Pay / Google Pay / Apple Pay work?
- Do I need to have an active internet connection for Samsung Pay/ Google Pay/ Apple Pay to work?
- Can I add my Itaú Global Wallet card to multiple devices?
- Can I use my Itaú Global Wallet card with more than one Google/ Samsung/ Apple account?
- How much does it cost to use Apple Pay, Google Pay and Samsung Pay with my Itaú Global Wallet card?
- I cannot find my device, what should I do?
- My device is lost or stolen, what should I do?
- How secure are my details if I use Samsung Pay, Google Pay and Apple Pay?
- I was asked to enter a one-time Verification Code. What is this?